Faber Construction is a family business with strong family values. These values permeate every aspect of how our business is conducted. This also includes the hiring process, where we are looking for people who are hard working and straightforward. We hire people who can bring on new ideas and innovations and love to be challenged. An exciting opportunity and career awaits you at Faber Construction.
START A CAREER AT FABER CONSTRUCTION
We are always looking for motivated people to join our team! Browse our job openings below and/or send in your application by using the links on the right.
Current Job Openings
Finish Carpenter - Lynden
Faber Construction is looking for a full-time experienced finish carpenter for our Whatcom County based projects. The Finish Carpenter is a skilled worker who can trim wooden structures and ornaments and complete final details. Attention to detail is a must, and extensive knowledge of working with building materials, either on a construction site or in a work shop. Responsible for new construction and remodel finish work.
- Create a layout for construction using tools such as rulers, pencils, and chalk.
- Read and interpret blue prints for a structural concept or as instructed by supervisor
- Assemble and join structural components with the aid of nails, screws, and adhesives
- Operate power implements such as circular saws, nail guns, sanders, power drills, and jack hammers
- Construct frames/structures for casting of concrete during building construction
- Create structures that meet the needs and requirements of a client
- Follow all established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment
- Work on top of stilts, ladders, and the top beams of buildings
- Check work along the way to ensure it’s up to code and specifications
- Use levels, rulers, plumb tools, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level
- Move and install machinery such as forklifts and bobcats
- Comfortably negotiate multistory heights and able to lift more than 50 pounds
- Accuracy taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project
- Skills needed to lay out flooring, roofing, and drywall, ensuring they are level, plumb, and installed with as little waste possible
- Ability to install items such as hardwood floors, siding, cabinets, drywall and insulation is a plus
- Ability to build window frames, doors, staircases, brattices, and frame buildings by using raw materials on pre-constructed items
- Inspect products and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent related education
- Two to Three years of carpentry experience
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials common to the carpentry trade
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously- must be detail oriented and flexible
- Completion of a four year federally approved technical training program in carpentry
- Physically fitness and good manual dexterity, hand eye coordination and balance are very important
- Mathematic and safety competencies required
- CAT (Carpenter Apprentice Training) is a plus
Faber Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation package including 401(k), and insurance benefits. Substance abuse policy is faithfully monitored.