Faber Construction is a family business with strong family values. These values permeate every aspect of how our business is conducted. This also includes the hiring process, where we are looking for people who are hard working and straightforward. We hire people who can bring on new ideas and innovations and love to be challenged. An exciting opportunity and career awaits you at Faber Construction.
START A CAREER AT FABER CONSTRUCTION
We are always looking for motivated people to join our team! Browse our job openings below and/or send in your application by using the links on the right.
Current Job Openings
Faber Construction is seeking a Construction Superintendent to join a growing team in the Woodinville/Seattle area. We are a general contractor that specializes in commercial and civil construction projects. Our projects are located across Northwest Washington through Seattle.
- Manage all aspects of the on-site construction process
- Deliver project on time and on budget
- Coordination of all field activities
- Manage subcontractors and vendors
- Coordinate and manage with the project manager on field changes, RFI’s and change orders
- Maintain a safe and orderly jobsite
- Perform jobsite safety meetings
- Ability to work independently, proactively manage and problem solve
- Preservation of confidentiality regarding personnel, client and all company related matters
- Must develop a basic understanding of company processes and project operations
- Seamless work ethics with Project Management and Accounting Department
- 2 years’ college Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of commercial construction experience with at least 3 years in supervision and construction related management, or equivalent level of responsibility providing the necessary technical knowledge and experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail, quality and professionalism
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously – must be detail oriented and flexible
- Demonstrated ability to follow-up and follow through on assignments and projects
- Exceptional customer service skills and a team player
- Substantial field operations experience and familiarity with standard construction practices
- Experienced and knowledgeable in all construction trades
- Able to read architectural drawings and structural specification sheets
- Proficient with MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Project
If you are ready for more than a job and seek a career with a respected contractor, then we want o hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation package including 401(k), medical insurance benefits, a bonus program based on performance. We maintain a drug free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Small Works Project Manager
Want to work for one of the fastest growing general contractors in Washington? Be part of taking our firm to the next level? Live in the Pacific Northwest and one of the United States premiere destinations? Faber Construction is looking for a highly motivated, innovative, full time Small Works Construction Project Manager to join our team at our Lynden, WA location.
The Small Works Construction Project Manager is the primary project leader, for projects ranging in value between $5,000 – $500,000, and is directly accountable for the safety, financial performance, and team development on assigned projects. Under limited supervision, you will lead the project team in the construction of the entire Projects. This position is responsible to build and maintain a strong relationship with the subcontractors, owner, architect and engineers.
- Manage Personally or in certain cases, partner with Project Superintendent, to aid in the success of the full project goals.
- Maintain thorough understanding of the Owner contract
- Oversee the pay request process
- Analyze, monitor and forecast monthly Cost Projection Reports
- Produce and maintain project master schedule and 3 week look aheads.
- Monitor project internal labor costs
- Process project submittals
- Estimating projects
- Lead the project’s quality process
- Develop, schedule and lead project close-out processes
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Owners
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with vendors, subcontractors and owners to represent Faber core values
- Investigate accident investigations, complete all necessary reports, as well as investigate near misses and provide the required retraining
- Review, edit and add to Faber safety manual annually and as required by industry changes
- Provide updated training to all staff
- Keep up to date with L&I Regulations and Training and be able to provide refresher training
- Regularly inspect tools and equipment to ensure safety
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- 5 + years of experience in commercial construction projects
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work
- Experience leading successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities
- Excellent organizational, team management, problem solving, motivational skills.
- Have experience using the following: On-Screen Takeoff Software, Microsoft Office Programs, Microsoft Project, and estimating software.
- Past experience in estimating and management
Faber Construction is looking for a team player, willing to put in what it takes to get the job and loving what they do for work.
Faber Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation package including 401(k), medical insurance benefits, a bonus program based on performance. We maintain a drug free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Faber Construction is looking for a full-time experienced finish carpenter for our Whatcom County based projects. The Finish Carpenter is a skilled worker who can trim wooden structures and ornaments and complete final details. Attention to detail is a must, and extensive knowledge of working with building materials, either on a construction site or in a work shop. Responsible for new construction and remodel finish work.
- Create a layout for construction using tools such as rulers, pencils, and chalk.
- Read and interpret blue prints for a structural concept or as instructed by supervisor
- Assemble and join structural components with the aid of nails, screws, and adhesives
- Operate power implements such as circular saws, nail guns, sanders, power drills, and jack hammers
- Construct frames/structures for casting of concrete during building construction
- Create structures that meet the needs and requirements of a client
- Follow all established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment
- Work on top of stilts, ladders, and the top beams of buildings
- Check work along the way to ensure it’s up to code and specifications
- Use levels, rulers, plumb tools, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level
- Move and install machinery such as forklifts and bobcats
- Comfortably negotiate multistory heights and able to lift more than 50 pounds
- Accuracy taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project
- Skills needed to lay out flooring, roofing, and drywall, ensuring they are level, plumb, and installed with as little waste possible
- Ability to install items such as hardwood floors, siding, cabinets, drywall and insulation is a plus
- Ability to build window frames, doors, staircases, brattices, and frame buildings by using raw materials on pre-constructed items
- Inspect products and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent related education
- Two to Three years of carpentry experience
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials common to the carpentry trade
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously- must be detail oriented and flexible
- Completion of a four year federally approved technical training program in carpentry
- Physically fitness and good manual dexterity, hand eye coordination and balance are very important
- Mathematic and safety competencies required
- CAT (Carpenter Apprentice Training) is a plus
Faber Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation package including 401(k), and insurance benefits. Substance abuse policy is faithfully monitored.