Faber supports local Technic Training Center
Faber is happy to announce our support of the Technic Training Center in Lynden, WA. Technic Training Center is a local non-profit organization that helps local high school students develop skills for future careers while exploring woodworking, modern manufacturing, and business.
Technic has sought to launch its training effort with this vision in mind:
- Transition local high school students into local jobs & careers well trained.
- Train young men and women in technologies for modern industry.
- Equip young people with the skills they need in order to be successful in their future.
- Mentor young people for life in the workplace through character development.
Students who participate in Technic attend with their school and are able to go to the Technic facility during the school day. Once here, students accomplish educational requirements while they get hands-on career and technical training aligned with the needs of industry.
Technic is making an impact. From a small group of just 12 students participating in Technic’s very first group this past year, 6 students were hired in related industry jobs at businesses in the fields of cabinet making, wood flooring installation, construction, and wood product manufacturing.
Approximately 42 high school students are participating at Technic Training Center this current school semester, representing four school entities in our community including Lynden High School, Lynden Christian High School, Cornerstone Christian School, and a local home school cooperative.
Through offering this program to our community, Technic Training Center is making an impact by ensuring that:
- Young men and women are being prepared to join the workforce.
- Students are taking part in hands-on training in vital areas including modern manufacturing, machinery & tool operations, product design, cost analysis, and customer service.
- Young people are building connections with potential future employers.
- The next generation is being equipped with the skills that businesses need in their employees.
- Young people are being intentional about their career path, skills, and personal passions.
Faber Construction is proud to be a sponsor and partner of the Technic Training Center and hopes that our involvement will encourage students to think about careers in the trades as a rewarding pursuit. Find out more about the Technic Training Center and what they hope to achieve here.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!